Moving House - Things to do
Moving house can be a chaotic time however it is important to remember the following:
- Register for Council Tax and notify Colchester Borough Council of your move whether you are moving within, into or out of the Borough.
- You will need to register to vote again. Click here to find out how to register to vote in the Colchester Borough. Further information on registering to vote when moving house is also available from the Electoral Commission.
- To find out how to order and collect your recycling boxes, bags and sacks, what you can put in your waste and recycling and when it is collected and how to dispose of any electrical and large household items when moving, see our Recycling and Rubbish pages.
- View details of our Resident Permit Parking Scheme.
Below is a list of pages you may find useful if you are considering moving to Colchester:
- Looking for a house to buy or rent? Visit the Rightmove website
- Access Government advice on buying or selling your home
- Access Government advice on owning and renting a property
- If you are moving to Colchester to take up employment with Colchester Borough Council, find out if you will be entitled to claim some of your relocation expenses.
- When moving house, you will need to register to vote again. Find out how to register to vote in the Colchester Borough here.
- Zoopla - Whether you're moving home, looking for property, finding the nearest pub or curious about your neighbours, Zoopla can help.
- Broadband Genie website - enables you to compare home and business broadband deals.
- Cable.co.uk - is an Ofcom accredited service that helps you quickly and easily compare broadband, TV, landline and mobile packages from the UK's leading providers