Food Waste Collection Service
In October 2013, Colchester Borough Council launch its new food waste collection service to the Borough. All households with kerbside collections received a recycling kit and their food waste collection each week from the kerbside with their other rubbish and recycling.
Recycling food waste is quick and easy -
- Reduce your black bag rubbish by 30%
- Combat animals and pest invading your rubbish bags
- Protect and support your local and global environment
- Reduce food waste being sent to landfill which produced harmful methane gases
3 Quick Steps to Recycling your Food Waste
- Fill your small kitchen caddy up with leftovers, peeling and expired food. You can line your caddy with a caddy liner, newspaper or food can be put in loose
- Transfer your weekly food waste to your large external food waste caddy and use the handle lock to keep out odours that attract animals
- Put your external caddy on your property boundary by 7am on your collection day
What can you put in your food waste caddy?
|What CAN be included||What CANNOT be included|